Appalachia - Science in the Public Interest
Working for Healthy Land and Sustainable Communities in Kentucky & Central Appalachia
Visit ASPI online at www.a-spi.org.
ASPI is a non-profit resource center advocating for sustainable development,responsible resource management, and informed personal choices. We use science and technology to benefit current and future generations and the environment by promoting innovative ideas and appropriate technologies. We accomplish this through education, advocacy, research, consulting, anddemonstration projects.
Year Founded - 1977
- Helped pass the state’s net
metering law in 2004 and improvements to the law in 2008.
- Installed the first net-metered solar electric
system in Kentucky in 2003. -
- Have operated demonstration centers for renewable
energy and sustainable living for over 30 years.
- Published The Kentucky Solar Energy Guide
- Helped establish state
tax credits for solar energy technologies in 2008
- Have partnered with many organizations within and beyond Kentucky on efforts to advance renewable energy and sustainability.
"ASPI and the Kentucky Solar Partnership are a part of KySEA because we believe a strong and diverse coalition of citizens groups is needed to lead Kentucky’s transition to a sustainable energy economy."